Monday, December 3, 2007

Thanksgiving




The time has come at last we have a blog! It is every one's Christmas present! It won't be anything complicated because everyone knows I'm not so great on the computer!







I hope that our blog can make you smile and that you can enjoy some Poulsen family fun!
Thanksgiving was a whole lot of fun. The leaves were a blast. We had fun hiding in the leaves while mom was inside cooking the yummy food. Adrienne's sisters and nephew came from Utah and Scott drove down from Philly! We really had a wonderful time together. Nathan and Adrienne cried like a baby when they left. Our Dad humored us all with a little facial hair! We took Scott to see some sites and ate a lot of food and had movie and game nights! The National Botanical gardens has an amazing display on right now with trains and DC miniatures made out of plants and trees! Nathan absolutely love this! It was way cool! Nathan and Annie along with all of us dressed up like pilgrims and Indians and put on a terrific Thanksgiving performance! We remembered that we need to be grateful for everything we have in life and be more thankful!






Annie and her cousin Nicholas

Jeffrey gave us a nice mustache for our Thanksgiving present!













May your holidays be happy and exciting. We are staying in D.C. for Christmas. We have some fun traditions planned.

From Adrienne's side of family traditions we will be decorating gingerbread houses, having a Christmas eve breakfast and story with sledding to follow if there is snow! Opening pj's to wear and decorating cookies for Santa!

From Jeffrey's family, we will be having a yummy steak dinner with the Nativity reading and song, and have waffles with peanut butter and ice cream Christmas morning.

Washington D.C. is a magical place to spend Christmas from the National Christmas tree, the the beautiful lights at the Temple and the fun candlelight tours at Mt. Vernon, the home of our nations first president, George Washington.

We wish you a very Happy Holidays! I hope to update this with a new picture or two every week. I know our Grammy's would love this! Thanks to my Spokane friends who have inspired me with their amazing blogs to create this blog and waiting patiently for it! Love you Ladies!

Just a couple more pictures for you to enjoy...

10 comments:

Elise said...

yay! I'm so glad that you have joined the blogosphere! I can't wait to check in on you : )

Dan and Jen said...

A and Jeff!
Thanks for inviting us to view your blog. It is fun to see you guys from across the country. Your family looks good. I can't believe Annie's blond hair. What a cutie! Love you guys.
-Jen

Kendall said...

Hey Jeff and Adrienne!

So good to see your fun pictures and read your updates. We've been wondering what you guys have been up to. What adorable children (do I sound like a girl?) . . . well they are. Congrats you two! We hope to see you sometime and catch up.

The Nielsen Family said...

Hurray! Hurray! I am so glad you joined the blogging world. It is such a fun way to keep in touch with family and friends and to let those who are not around to get a glimpse into the personalities of your children! Welcome a board.

Kimberly said...

How fun!!! I love to see all the fun you guys are having. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Can't wait to see you in a month.

davidepoulsen said...

adrienne said:

Adrienne and Jeff you have indeed made this grammy happy. What cute pictures and what fun places you have ventured to with Nathan and Annie. They are getting so big. I can hardly wait until you get here after Christmas. Love you guys so much.

-Grandma Poulsen

Becky said...

No way! I can't believe Adrienne finally has a blog! I'm so excited!

Stacey said...

Thanks for inviting me to your Blog. I am so excited to see what you guys are up to. I can't believe how big your kids are! I swear I was looking at Little Jacob when I saw Nathan. Someday I too hope to start a blog. But, it will not be in the near future! Can't wait to see you later this year!

stacey

[alisar] said...

I'm giggling right now at the top picture with Jeff & A each pushing a stroller! I'm remembering A's OBSESSION with finding the perfect stroller last year. Too funny.

Becker Family said...

Adrienne,
I just got back from a dentist appointment with your dad. Your sister gave me your blogsite. It's so fun to see your cute family! I hope you are all doing well. It would be so fun to see you again!
Beckee Becker